Friday, August 10, 2007

My last summer Vacation

Our last family vacation had two parts: Member-Guest golf tournament in Henderson with my in-laws and then the beach with my parents

the Member-Guest weekend was hard. My father-law and I got smoked. I played at best ok as he did. We just could not get it going. My iron play was horrendous. And it was very Hot. Again. this is the second year in a row when it has been very hot for this tournament.

We came in last in our flight. A new low for us. I enjoyed it though and hope to play next year. Time to get in shape. I have played this tournament for 6 years now and know a good deal of people at the club now.

From there, my family headed to North Myrtle Beach. I had driven to my in-laws by myself earlier, so Ginny and the kids went ahead and I came later on Sunday.

In short, it was the hottest week I have ever been at the beach. The hit index each day by 2 or 3 was 110+ with 115 being the common reading. The beach was just too hot. We had bought a canopy at Dicks and that was helpful until we got a ticker. North Myrtle beach now requires all umbrellas, and other tent like structures of the beach by 10pm. What a pain.

The heat is so much that Ginny and the kids did not go to the beach until after 5 most days. We all where on the beach (my parents and my family) only once.Instead, we went to the movies twice and to the Dixie Stampede.  anything to beat the heat.

My Dad and I had planned to play golf but was just too hot. we heard of people who did play but after playing over the weekend I had no desire to play.

The trip was not so great; the weather was so over the top that it made hard to enjoy the beach. The last couple of days it was more bearable as breeze came up but realistically it was miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home