Saturday, August 11, 2007

vacation rankings, post summer 2007

Ok, I felt like adding this post. Here are MY top3 and bottom 3 vacations so far (my wife will beg to differ)

Bottom 3

  1. Edisto Beach 1998 - We went by ourselves. I blame this on me; I tried to stay in a cheaper place. One with no Espn; and it smelled like fish AND we has a Tropical Storm come through - plus Anna and Ruth were 2 and 0.
  2. Hilton Head- our first vacation. With my in-laws. What a disaster. The first place was beyond bad; the second place nicer but so much more expensive. My father-in-law took a beating financially on this one. I have never been a Hilton Head person
  3. N. Myrtle Beach, August 2007 - too hot and too many folks in too small a space. The weather was so over the top and really ruined the trip

Top 3

  1. Disney World, October 2003 - this was the last big trip before Huck arrived. Disney had an unheard (and I doubt we will see this again) special, pay for 4 stay for 7 as business post 9-11 was so off. The weather was great; we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and in general had a great time.
  2. Disney World, October 2006 - Huck's first trip; the one where we surprised the girls who had no clue until they got to the airport that they were going. We went really hard and I am not sure we relaxed much but we had way too much fun
  3. Tie
    1. Disney World, January 2000 - We had been the previous May. so we knew the parks. We went with my parents and stayed off-site. There is this song that the girls sing as they entered WDW that is full of glee. What a memory
    2. Ohio Trip, summer 2007 - spent week around West Virginia and Ohio. Exploring with our family. Great fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home