Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another trip to Disney on a different plan – Part 1

If you know us, we love Disney World. As dad, I am the chief Disney World lover. In fact, this is my third trip to Orlando and the WDW area in 2008.

Background

My wife convinced me that a trip to Disney was the great Christmas gift. The kids did not need anything (really true) and I could really use the trip. We debated for a while, then my wife found an off property house for a great rate.  We decided to make the plunge. Then the economy tanked and Wachovia went into the death spin. I struggled with actually spending the money and coming down to WDW. My wife to her credit never waivered.

So this time we made a different plan. Last time we surprised the girls, and they all joined as I was down at WDW for a technology conference. It was a quick trip, at break neck speed, leaving everyone excited but exhausted. So this trip is decidedly is slower and less crazy.

The Plan

We took the kids out of school for the last week. Anna had a swim meet up in Cary, so she and I went up there on Friday and were home late Saturday. The plan had been to leave early on Sunday but we got off at 8:30. It was cold  when we left with a promise of warm weather in Florida. The trip was just under 10 hours with stops.  I figured that driving adds about 4 hours to the trip versus flying.  Here is how

Huntersville to Kissimmee is like 8 and half hours pure drive time or so. Flying with three kids means leaving two hours prior to take off, a flight that is 90 minutes, plus another 60 minutes to 75 minutes on the ground in MCO. So by flying we get into into Orlando in 5 hours or less.

So, we got to Orlando, got our keys to the house and found our house. it was in the Indian Ridge(Indian Ridge Trail S, Kissimmee, FL 34747). Nice 4 bedroom house, with a pool. It had a small kitchen, and a washer and dryer. The house was what we needed in so many ways. it was very close to Disney, and we managed our way around quite nicely.

Conclusion

We are in Florida, the kids are swimming in a pool and it is warm. I am not feeling so hot. More to come…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home