Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A day Mountainearing

I has a chance on Monday Feb. 25th to head to the Magic Kingdom for the day. I had been in Florida visiting my parents at the the Villages. The Villages is a retirement community about an hour and twenty minutes away from WDW. think lots of blue hairs, golf carts, and 4:30 dinners.  But I had a lot fun of with my parents, and my Dad and I played golf in shorts.

Back to MK. I left very early, before 7 to head to MK. Thanks to our new GPS system, I was in the parking lot of the MK at 8am. The park was opening at 9 but I had a breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:25am. I used the points from our Disney Visa for park admission and souvenirs for everyone.

I was in the park at 8:20, heading down Main Street USA. I has massive goose bumps as I stepped back into my favorite place in the World. I counted that this was 27th actual visit to MK. Wow.

DSCN0668

This was a picture of the castle; still a great view. Off to breakfast with Pooh. The puffed French toast was great and so were the eggs. I really ate a big breakfast with lots of water.  And three bananas. It was going to be hot and I needed the energy.

DSCN0670

After a great breakfast, it was to Mountainearing. Mountainearing is a T-short of the three mountains in MK: Space, Splash and Big Thunder. As I walked through Frontierland towards Splash, it was empty. I counted 7 people. I was thinking it could be  light day. I was so wrong as I would find out.

I rode Splash first, and I was soaked. It was running full bore and the water cannon got me good. I got a fast pass for Splash and road again. it was walk on. Then I went over to Big thunder which was maybe a five minute wait. I then got a fast pass for Big Thunder. Three mountain rides and two fast passes in hand by 10:10 am. Good start.

[Sidebar: several years ago I was out in LA for a conference for work and went to Disney Land, early one Sunday morning. I was on east coast time, so I was there very early. I was able to do most of the park by noon with little crowds. It was an amazing day]

I jumped the Train, hitting Toon Town. I really wanted a picture with Mickey, but the line was way too long. Off to Space Mountain. It was a 15 minute wait and then I took off. That ride was way faster than I remember it. it was flying. I got my next fastpass. mountain ranges complete and fast passes for the next range expedition. YEAH. It was 11 by now, and I needed a break. It was crowded. Buzz had a twenty five minute wait, so I hopped the TTA. I did some email for work while I road TTA and got something to drink. Nice ride and then off to Buzz. It was still a 10 minute wait. I scored 101,500. Yoohoo.

And then I got my picture with Stitch

DSCN0671

Now, I had some time. I went towards Fantasyland and hit the mass of people. 40 minutes for Pooh, 40 minutes for Pan. Heck, it was a looking like a long day. I waded through the mass towards Haunted Mansion. It was a twenty minute wait. Huh!!.  But I really wanted to go as they had just finished a rehab. It was a good wait and I really liked it. After this, I went back to Pan and picked up a Fastpass. No way was I waiting 40 minutes for a two minute Pan ride. Then hall of presidents. I realized I had a choice, Country Bear Jamboree or Hall. I went to hall and I really was glad. it brought goose bumps and is an amazing attraction.

It was time for lunch and shopping. I made my way over to Kona Cafe in the Polynesian hotel. I like this restaurant. It was quick and quiet. And the shops at the Poly are really nice and have a great selection.

I got back to the parks with 90 minutes and four fast passes. I managed to hit Space Mt. , Peter Pan and Splash Mt. But the crowds were so big plus I needed to make sure I got the rental car back in time and to the airport. MCO is not my favorite and can be a pain. It was this time as security is just a mess. But I got on the plane in plenty of time.

This is the last time I think I want to hit WDW without my family. The thrill of soloing is gone for now. I was able to do the parks without a map, which is really scary.  Thanks for reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home