Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another trip to Disney on a different plan – Part 2

Monday

Monday was our first day. We had plans to meet up with the Haas’ at Animal Kingdom. it was their last day. Our plan had been to meet up when the park opened. Of course we were late and I lost my ticket. Well, I found it buried in my pocket.

Some background

Usually we are so prepared when we hot WDW, have read books, I have hung out for hours on different WDW sites. Not this time. We have been too busy and too stressed. For me, that was unsettling but nothing I could do.

Honestly, Monday was a great day. First up was Everest which really messed me up. I was sick with something and was not well for another 35 hours. We did the new to us Nemo show which was great, the safari, etc. We even did Kali river ride like 5 times. At it was cold . Ginny was soaked. We hung out with the Haas; most of the day and finished up with them on the rapids ride. I would love to go to WDW with another family some time.

Here is a quick video

We ate lunch that day at Tusker House. It was ok, but not that great. Been to Boma and I like Boma better.

We tried to meet up with Haas’ but we ended up passing by. We stayed home.

Tuesday

This was our day for the Christmas party. We had been once as a family 3 years ago. Ginny had to miss most with it as Huck and Ruth were not well. I had gone tow years ago by myself and really loved it.

Since we would be up late that day, we decided to not do a park. We discussed doing Disney quest but went shopping.  First up was lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express. Best meal of the week.

Then we hit Downtown Disney. And the mega Disney store that drives me nuts.  plus I am feeling puny. We did do the Lego store and then went home.

We are suppose to get in the park at 4pm but we did not make it until 5, I was feeling lousy and fell asleep. Interestingly, I was all better by that night and was finally myself. I swear it was I ate in Cary.

We parked at the Contemporary. We realized that although Disney has free dining it still is not too crowded. We rode the monorail and Huck and I rode in front. It is my boy’s favorite ride at WDW. Chip off the old block.

Here is a video we shot

So nice to be in shorts. We hit up all of the major rides we love, did the new Monster, Inc Laugh flo0r (really cool concept but after the first time it loses its luster). We saw the parade and the show back to back, plus Ginny saw another show. n783243509_1161730_4494 s783243509_1161737_6923 n783243509_1162037_7216

We saw the fireworks from Splash Mountain which we rode 4 times in a row without getting off. Huck loved the official Brown Family WDW ride.

Huck hung tough until midnight and we got home at midnight.  He did not enjoy the Pooh ride but loved the Goofy rollercoaster. Interesting. In fact, all of Fantasyland was one big whatever from my boy. But he loved (for a while ) Buzz Lightyear and driving the Indy Cars. More on that later.

I think the Christmas party is so much better than the Halloween party.  We loved it .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home