Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another trip to Disney on a different plan – Part 3

Wednesday

Given our late night, our plan was to low key the day until the afternoon. We headed to Hollywood studios, arriving in the afternoon at 2pm. We swam in the morning. (Did I mention that we had heated the pool. It was great). The weather was awesome all weak,around 80.

We did the park in a new manner this day, saying together for a while then we sent the girls on their way. The did awesome together. We first rode the Movie ride (needs some help), did the the exhibit from the Narnia movies (really, really lame). The girls then took off to do Rock-n-Roll rollercoaster. And took our tickets.

Huck, Ginny and I preceded to wait for well over an hour for the brand new, way in too much demand Toy Story Mania. It was really amazing ride. Ginny now calls it her new favorite. Her is Huck and I n783243509_1161699_4538

We met up with the girls next after getting some pictures with Huck’s favorites

n783243509_1162053_1681 n783243509_1162052_1402

n783243509_1162051_1118n783243509_1162055_2236

We met for dinner at Brown Derby. This restaurant was a major, major no go. Probably one of a couple restaurants that I would tell someone to not go to (Tony’s in Magic Kingdom is on that list). Anna lost a ticket but I had it replaced. From here, we split up and I rode Rock n Roll Coaster with the girls. Still an absolutely amazing ride. We then met up with Huck and Ginny to do Toy Story as a family

n783243509_1162059_3381

The girls then took off for one last ride on Rock n Roll while Ginny, Huck and I saw the Osbourne lights. We met up with the girls with Ruth complaining alot about her neck. More later

Thursday or the Day the Trip goes off the rails

Today was suppose to be Epcot day. So we thought. We are running slow, which is typical for our fourth day. I take Ruth, Anna and I over to Epcot for fast passes. The plan was to get passes and come back for later in the day. Ruth is not looking well; in fact she is not well at all. By the time we get back to the house she is not well. I had stopped by to get her some over the counter drugs but these were not working. So Plan B. I take Huck, Anna and I to the movies. Huck and I see Bolt in 3-D, Good movie but 3-D was amazing. Ginny calls me in the middle of the movie (Anna is watching Twilight in the another theater on the other side of the moon.)Ginny is very worried and mentions meningitis. So we go home to take Ruth to the hospital at Celebration. Well, that is what we decided after an hour of discussion. 

Huck, Anna and I hit up Epcot (dinner was somewhere in here as  was lunch, although I think lunch was in this night). We drop off Ginny and Ruth, and have like 50 minutes in the park. We only get to do Test Track (Huck was a trooper but not sure if he really liked it). Ginny calls us, No meningitis and the doctor somehow diagnoses strep with no test.  We pick up the the tow form the hospital.

Come to find out there is nasty stomach virus at WDW and Ruth is the first to get it. She threw up in the hospital and will be down for the count the rest of the trip. She is wiped out most of Friday.

having the house was really good. We can isolate Ruth, have room to get around. I could not imagine if this had happened in a single hotel room. No one wants to get sick at WDW. Ruth loves WDW to the core, maybe more than me. She tried so hard to keep up.

Anna I think had a touch of what I had later in the week as well. This is the second time we have been done to WDW in December and been sick. Maybe there is a message there.

That night Ginny and I went over to Poly. My favorite WDW hotel. We have dessert at Kona’s (a great banana chocolate crème brulee) and see the fireworks from the beach.  And we make up. I have been somewhat of jerk, unwilling to face the reality of the situation and unable to make lemonade. Not my strong suit.  It is WDW and I want to go, but that is not in the cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home