Monday, September 28, 2009

It’s been a year officially

Since Wachovia sold itself at a rock bottom price, undone by a absolutely crazy set of bad decisions and uncertainty.  Hard to believe that it has been a year. It feels like a shorter time but so much has changed. Feels like yesterday I was waking up each day wondering what was next. I do remember so vividly coming home that one day and simply going to bed.

I have a new boss, new teammates, a new work style (at home 3 plus days a week while working on the phone almost exclusively), and the changes keep coming.  It is the only constant so far is the change.

I have worked harder in the last year than I care to remember while making less money than any year since 2003.  I am still unsure of the long term viability of my job at Wells and wonder often if jumping ship is not the sanest thing to do. And I consider myself, as compared to most of my peers, one of the lucky ones.

It is the first time in my entire career where I know that despite how hard I work that my job is not safe, and it is only a numbers game. Twice before I jumped ship literally as the hangman was coming but this is very different.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home