Sunday, September 05, 2010

My weight and our marriage

In a previous post, I made a statement that my weight was an issue in our marriage. Being the idiot that I am very often am, I did not think what that could mean, especially to my wife. So first I owe a huge public apology. So here it is - Ginny I am sorry.

Here is what I intended - When I was overweight, there were so real consequences.

First, I likely had undiagnosed sleep apnea. I remember waking up gasping for air, literally feeling like I was choking. I remember one night I awaking in a panic, struggling to breathe, scared to go back to sleep. Don't think that this made me constantly tired, I was always struggling to feel rested. It was a constant.

Second, given I did like who I was in the mirror, it affected my general attitude. I would duck pictures, etc.

Through this all, my wife loved me. Loved me even when I did not love myself. Loved me despite being morbidly obese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home