Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Direct impacts to the merger to my work

Well, given it has been a year, here are some highlights:

  • I always wanted to work on a large bank merger. The last two large ones I missed out completely. For Wachovia – First Union the area I was in had very little merger impact. I assumed that I would be on the winning side, so being on the losing side has been different
  • The work I am doing will literally be used by the entire bank – the call centers, the branches, the IVR will leverage the work.
  • The work has been intense
  • I have met a lot of new team mates who I really like
  • Got to see Minneapolis – cool city
  • Working from home more – the work is almost exclusively almost all the time

Some lowlights:

  • Much of the work of the last 5 years will be blown away – not sure ho much but the guess is in 5 years almost none will be around – some will influence the future, while some will just cease to exist
  • People i like have left, either voluntarily or involuntarily – with more to come -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home